Sunday 5 February 2017

January 2017 Dividends

Welcome to my blog.

The first month of 2017 is already gone and it is now time to check the dividend performance of my investment portfolio.


This is a very important occasion to me. As a matter of fact, January 2017 is the first month which presents the opportunity to compare the dividend performance year on year (YoY). This is thanks to the fact that 2016 has been my first full year of investment performance coverage and monitoring.

So, without further ado, let's have a look at how January 2017 compared versus January 2016.

Dividends collected:

iShares J.P. Morgan $ Emerging Markets Bond UCITS ETF (SEMB) £4.16
The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) £13.57
New York Mortgage Trust (NYMT) £32.37

Total for the month = £50.10


The performance against 2016 is really encouraging, +53.4% (from £32.66 to £50.10). 
This is mainly due to the investments done in H2 2016 which are now starting to show their positive effect. Indeed in H2 I increased my position in Disney (+15 shares) and started a new position in SEMB (10 shares).

This is why I love this game. Even if I decided to pull the plug in 2017 and stop investing, I would still experience a decent level of growth thanks to prior investment which still have to pay their first dividend, organic dividend growth and, possibly, dividend reinvestment.

My all time cumulative chart keeps climbing, as the new total now amounts to £450.82 net from 1 Jan 2016. As you know my objective for the year is to collect over £750 in net dividends.


I can't wait to compare Feb YoY performance, hoping that the positive momentum will continue!

This is it for the moment, thanks for reading.
Yours,

The Gentleman Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment